08 December 2010

Christmas Jar [tradition]


I read this book for the first time a few years ago and loved it! I have re-read it every Christmas since because it is just such an inspiring story. (And trust me, I am not a big reader). I don't want to give the story line away, but if you are in the mood for a quick, heartwarming read, give this a try. It will bring the true Christmas spirit into your holidays.

And, if you want to carry on your own Christmas Jar tradition, start collecting your spare change in a glass jar. If you want to get really festive, you can glass etch your jar like I did.

We save all of our spare change from the year and then at Christmas we choose an individual or family to give the money to. Or, we will use the money to put together a 12 days of Christmas package. This is one of our favorite traditions because it helps us think outside of ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails