10 February 2012

Heart Molasses Crinkles






Today is...Umbrella Day.
Put on your rain boots and use an umbrella!

And...

My husband LOVES molasses cookies. I don't. 
But I try to make them at least once a year for him. 
I made him some for Valentine's day and cut them into heart shapes after they baked.

I use this recipe:

Molasses Crinkles

3/4 c. soft margarine
1 egg
1/4 c molasses
1 c.  brown sugar
2 1/4 c. flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp soda

Directions:
Cream margarine, egg, molasses, and brown sugar together. Sift together all the dry ingredients and then add to the egg mixture. Chill dough. Roll in 1" balls. Dip in sugar and place on greased cookie sheet. bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I make molasses crinkles for my hubby as a Christmas gift (every year!)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails