30 October 2012

dinner in a pumpkin [tradition]


A few nights ago, we were the lucky dinner guests of a good friend who let us be a part of one of her family's favorite Halloween tradition: Making Dinner in a Pumpkin. 

This is something that has always been on my Fall bucket list, but I've never been brave enough to try it. However, now that I have  done it  seen it done (she did all the work!), I think we'll be adding this to our list of Halloween traditions as well.

The recipe she used contained hamburger, rice, mushrooms, water chestnuts, cream of chicken soup, and a few other things. Although, I bet there are a million different recipes out there that you could find one that satisfies your style of cooking. I've heard of stews, soups, and other casserole type dishes. 

If you've done this before, share the recipe with us! 
One more day until Halloween! Are you ready? We are excited.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails