08 March 2010

$2 St. Patrick's Day craft

I'm all about cheap holiday decorations. I didn't have anything for St. Patrick's Day, so I decided to whip this sign up.

What you'll need:
  • Green paint (I used Apple Barrel's Leaf Green)=$1
  • Green scrapbook paper (I used striped, but any green print will work)=$.75
  • Old 2x4 or piece of wood. (I used a piece I had made another sign with)
  • Paint brush
  • Mod podge
  • white letters and shamrock die-cut (I just printed my shamrock off the computer)
Directions:
  1. Paint your wood green and let it dry
  2. Cut the green designed paper to fit the piece of your wood
  3. Apply mod podge to the wood and then apply green paper on top of the mod podge
  4. Attach letters and shamrock
  5. optional: you can apply another coat of mod podge if you like to give it that finished look
  6. decide on the perfect place to put it (that is always the toughest part :) you can also add other green accents like plants or candles to add to the green look.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails