08 May 2012

raspberry brownie tarts [recipe]


When I first saw these raspberry brownie tarts at a party, I thought they had come from a bakery because they looked so perfect. When I asked for the recipe and learned of how simple they are to make, I was shocked. I stored this recipe away until the perfect occasion came. This past weekend, we blessed our little baby. We planned to have a luncheon afterwards. I thought these would be a perfect, fancy, and easy treat. I made the tarts and filling the morning of. Yet, with all the craziness of the event, I totally spaced finishing them off and putting them out. Needless to say, I have a whole batch of these still around. I guess I'll just have to finish them off one-by-one. There could be worse things, I guess. 

If you need an easy and fancy treat for a gathering, shower, or party, these are them. 

Raspberry Brownie Tarts

1 pkg. chocolate fudge cake mix
1/2 cup butter melted (no margarine)
1 egg

filling: (1/2 this for only one batch of tarts)
1 small package instant chocolate pudding
1 cup half and half
1 8 oz container cool whip, thawed


combine and mix together all tart ingredients. spray mini muffin pan with pam. fill tins 2/3 of the way full with tart mixture. bake at 325 for 10-12 minutes. remove tarts from oven. let stand for 1 minute to cool. use a tart shaper (or water bottle lid) to press down center of tarts to form a small bowl.
leave in muffin pan until completely cooled to room temperature.

for the filling, mix chocolate pudding with half and half for about 30 seconds. then fold into thawed cool whip. use cake decorator tip or a gallon size ziploc bag with corner clipped off to fill the tarts with filling. top each one with a fresh raspberry.

originally from: laurie gustafson

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails