07 February 2011

Tarts- a treat you will LOVE

Tarts are very festive treat in my opinion. They really are cute, easy to make, and they will stun your company! My husband doesn't even like tarts and he LOVED these. They would be a perfect dessert for Valentine's Day.

ingredients:

1/2 cup sugar
1 cup butter
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla or almond extract
2 1/2 cups flour

cream cheese tart filling:
1/2 cup butter or margarine
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 tsp vanilla
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar

directions:

cream butter and sugar. add in egg, vanilla and flour. refrigerate dough for a few hours. then press thinly into tart pans. bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes. remove from tart pans a few minutes after you remove from oven. fill with cream cheese tart filling and fruit or other puddings like chocolate, pistachio, or strawberry junket dessert right before you serve them.

2 comments:

  1. I am sooo making these on Valentines Day!!! Thanks for the recipe! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am soooo glad you posted this! I have been meaning to ask you for the recipe. They were delicious! Thanks so much for thinking of me on my birthday!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails